General Terms and Conditions - Participation in Events
These KCI General Terms and Conditions are translated from the original (and binding) Dutch language version that is deposited at the Chamer of Commerce Veluwe and Twente, The Netherlands under number 2062. For the original Dutch verion of these general terms, please feel free to contact Thijs Elshof at +31 575 585 270 / email@example.com
General Terms and Conditions - Participation in Events
KCI Publishing b.v.
Zutphen, The Netherlands
Article I – Definitions
Customer: any natural or legal entity who has a written contract with KCI for participation in, but not limited to, an event, congress, seminar or exposition.
Event: any event, congress, seminar or exposition or other similar arrangement; which may be organised by KCI and / or otherwise the subject of an agreement between the customer and KCI.
1. KCI can determine an entrance or participation charge, which will have been mentioned in the written agreement between the customer and KCI for the event. KCI reserves the right to offer discounts to groups listed in the agreement between KCI and the customer.
2. A customer shall be supplied admission cards, which cards offer ongoing entry to the event. The number of such cards depends on the event and is stipulated by KCI.
3. All admission cards as previously described are exclusively for personal use and may be requested and supplied to persons affiliated with the customer, the contracting company and / or the authorized agents of the customer. Admission cards may include an identifying photograph of the holder.
4. KCI reserves the right to offer additional admission cards to third parties, to charge for such cards, and to specify the privileges associated with such admission cards – such as, but not limited to, number of admissions and / or participation in associated activities. In addition, KCI reserves the right to vary the price of such additional admission cards. Revenues from such cards are exclusively for the account of KCI.
1. Participants may offer goods and services at the event, as defined in the initial contract. KCI has the right to remove or prohibit the display of goods and services which have not been mentioned in the initial participation agreement and / or not specifically mentioned in the registration form.
2. In cases of shortage of space, applications for goods and services to be exhibited shall be placed on a waiting list, and allocated in order of receipt of application. At least one (1) month before the event, KCI shall allocate available space, in accordance with the conditions aforementioned. Should space become available due to cancellations, then it shall be allocated as aforementioned.
3. Registration for participation is restricted to completion of the registration form provided by KCI. These forms must be returned to KCI within the time period specified.
4. Cancellation on the part of the customer or participant must be by written request, made via registered mail to KCI. KCI may grant the request, but reserves the right to require payment of 75% of the participation amount, and / or payment of 100% of this amount if the registration is cancelled less than six weeks prior to the scheduled date of the event. VAT will be charged on cancellation fees.
5. KCI reserves the right, because of special circumstances, or due to force majeure, to modify or change dates and times of an event. In such cases KCI is not liable for any damages. Special circumstances might be described, but not limited to, those circumstances which to fall under force majeure in the broadest sense of the definition, such as fire, national emergency, terrorist threat, epidemic diseases, natural disaster, etc. In such circumstances the constituent has no right to cancel registration, but may be offered alternative dates and times.
6. In case the event is cancelled as aforementioned, and costs incurred by KCI shall have been satisfied from funds paid by participants, the balance of any such funds may be distributed to participants on the basis of the ratio of the space reserved for each participant as a percentage of the entire space reserved for the event. Such refund, if any, will occur within two (2) months following the winding up of the event by KCI.
1. KCI may decline a registrant; restrict or reduce space to registered participants; modify or reduce space, in the sole judgement of KCI, in the event of possibility of damage to property or persons. Registrants who provide false, misleading, or incorrect information shall be prohibited from participation without recourse or refund.
2. If the reputation of KCI, or the owner of the premises where the event will take place, might be damaged by the reputation or behaviour of the registrant, KCI may invoke the measures in the aforementioned paragraph. In any event, the existence of an application for bankruptcy; failure of the registrant to meet terms of payment; and or the appearance of possible criminal activity on the part of the company, its ownership, or personnel; shall each constitute grounds for imposition of the aforementioned measures.
3. In such instances KCI is held harmless from any damages.
4. Upon registration, KCI may request a list of all good and services which may be displayed at the event.
1. Registrants are obligated to comply with KCI recommendations and suggestions for display arrangements. At an appropriate time, KCI may provide an manual or instructions setting forth requirements applicable to the event.
2. KCI must be supplied, in advance and upon request, with a floor plan, schematic, and of scale model of the registrant’s display area.
3. The registrant agrees to follow the regulations of KCI, the owners of the premises, and appropriate civil authorities in regard to all matters affecting security or safety.
4. The registrant must commence with the set up of the agreed upon display in a timely manner, consistent with the instructions of KCI, and must conclude set up within the agreed period, including disposal of any and all waste materials.
5. The registrant shall have reasonable access to the premises both before and after the event in order to conduct set up and clean up operations within the time period set by KCI.
6. Materials stored in or around the building prior to or after the event are wholly the responsibility of the registrant. Storage and or disposal costs may be imposed by KCI.
7. The registrant is responsible for leaving the area in the condition in which it was prior to the event. Possible cleaning or repair cost will be fully for the account of the registrant.
8. KCI is not responsible for insuring objects, people and other matter before, during or after the event.
1. Upon confirmation of the registrant’s participation by KCI, KCI shall confirm the space to be allocated. The price of the space shall be an amount per square meter, rounded up to the next square meter where applicable.
2. Total participation costs, including VAT, depending on the date of application, may be billed in a lump sum or invoiced in periods. Payments must be satisfied within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice.
3. In the event of delayed payments, KCI shall be entitled to withdraw the allocation of space to the registrant; to reduce space; or to deny access to the event. The registrant’s obligation to pay for the contracted services remains.
4. All costs for utilizing the space provided to the registrant are for the account of the registrant, including, but not limited to setup and breakdown cost, energy use (including, but not limited to, electricity, water, telephone costs, etc.). These costs will be billed by KCI and or applicable third parties to the customer. Payments must meet agreed upon terms.
1. The registrant requires advance written permission from KCI should the display be closed; or unattended; or in the event that all or part of the display area is inaccessible; during the event period. Advance written permission from KCI must be granted to indicate that products or services which may have been offered are no longer available.
2. The registrant may not offer goods or services which are an infringement of international brand registration law and/or offer goods or services that might conflict with moral standing. Final acceptance decision lies with KCI.
3. Registrants and participants may not publicize the event in any way without express written prior consent from KCI.
4. Registrants are prohibited from defacing or damaging premises in any manner, including, but not limited to damages to real property, or the unauthorized use of sound, images, and or other media.
1. KCI has the right publish a catalogue, based on information provided by the registrants on appropriate forms supplied by KCI. Such forms must be properly completed and submitted within specified time periods to KCI. KCI is not responsible for errors, shortcomings or omissions in the catalogue.
2. KCI is in absolutely no way responsible for transactions which take place between registrants and visitors.
3. KCI has no responsibility for accidents or deaths before, during, or after the event. Additionally, KCI is not responsible for personal injuries for any conditions which may exist on the premises.
1. In the case of failure to comply with these regulations, KCI is entitled to bar the registrant from the event and premises, including entrance and any participation. KCI may seize the registrant’s display materials without compensation or damages; may bill the registrant for subsequent storage and / or disposal costs; and may exclude them from any and all future events. KCI shall be held harmless from any liability for such actions.